Here are my fundamental beliefs about therapy and counseling:
- Feeling understood and supported by your therapist is a key to successful therapy
- Feeling too much, too little, or being unsure of what you are feeling can be a significant factor in many problems and a caring, attentive therapist can help you to manage these feelings
- There are understandable reasons that we do what we do and avoid what we avoid and, as your therapist, I can help you to understand and reconsider these beliefs
- Feelings and thoughts are often intertwined. Feelings lead to thoughts, and thoughts to feelings. So effective psychotherapy should pay close attention to feelings and thoughts
How can I help?
I do individual counseling, marriage counseling (also known as couples therapy), family therapy, and group therapy in Montclair, NJ. Some prefer to say psychotherapy or therapy, others prefer counseling. Together, we build a therapeutic relationship where it feels safe to share difficult feelings and where it is possible to finally feel understood and accepted, on a path toward greater healing.
Here are some of the types of therapy / counseling that I provide
- Individual Counseling / Psychotherapy
- Couples & Marriage Counseling using Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Premarital Counseling for couples planning to get married or committing to stay together
- for young adults and their families who are experiencing (or avoiding) conflict
- Group Therapy
If you are interested in finding out more about counseling or psychotherapy and if you'd like to explore how I might help you, I'd love to hear from you.